California Recruiting Privacy Notice
Last Updated: May 11, 2023
January 1, 2023
As part of its recruitment activities, Leggett & Platt, Incorporated and certain of its subsidiaries which are in-scope for purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, (collectively referred to as the Company, “Leggett & Platt”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collect and process information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household (“Personal Information”). This California Recruiting Privacy Notice informs you about what Personal Information we collect about you throughout the recruitment, application, and hiring process and how we use that Personal Information.
Information We Collect, Use, or Disclose
As part of our recruitment and hiring process, we may collect and process information that may identify, relate to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household. In particular and depending upon the nature of the role, the activities you participate in during the recruitment and hiring process, and the information you choose to provide, we may have collected, disclosed, and sold the below categories of Personal Information within the last twelve (12) months:
|Category of Personal Information||Examples of PI that may be collected, depending on position requirements and information you choose to provide||Is any PI in the category disclosed for a Business Purpose?||Is it Sold or Shared?|
|Identifiers||Name, contact information (e.g., email or postal address, phone number(s)), online identifier, Internet Protocol address, and other unique identifiers, such as user ID||Yes|
(* except for unique device identifier or IP address as noted in other categories)
|Personal Information described in Records (Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)).||Name, contact information, government identifiers, date of birth||Yes||No|
|Protected Classifications Characteristics||Gender, age, race, national origin, disability status, veteran status, medical conditions or health information, work authorization status.||Yes||No|
|Internet or Electronic Network Activity Information||Browsing history, browsing time, clickstream data, search history, access logs, usage and activity data and other similar information regarding your interaction with our websites, applications, other online services, or advertisements||Yes||Yes, in the limited context of cookies and analytics providers and to otherwise enable the internet to work as expected|
|Geolocation data||Geolocation, for example based on IP address or area code||Yes||Yes, in the limited context of cookies and analytics providers and to otherwise enable the internet to work as expected.|
|Sensory information||Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information (e.g., on premises CCTV video images or call recordings created in connection with our business activities)||Yes||No|
|Professional or employment-related information||Work history, including job titles and duties, prior employer, information relating to references, CV, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources and data necessary for administration services||Yes||No|
|Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act||Student records||Yes||No|
|Profiles and Inferences||Profiles regarding preferences, characteristics, behavior, attitudes, and abilities as related to the Company and suitability for the position(s).||Yes||No|
|Sensitive Personal Information||Social Security Number or other similar government identification; racial or ethnic origin; gender||Yes||No|
In this context, “sold” means the disclosure of Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration, but does not include, for example, the transfer of Personal Information as an asset that is part of a merger, bankruptcy, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business. “Share” means the disclosure of personal information to a third party for cross-context behavioural advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration.
We do not collect Personal Information in the categories of Commercial Information or Biometric Information. We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information outside of the permitted purposes allowed under the CCPA. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the Personal Information of consumers under the age of 16.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect this information directly from you when you engage in the recruiting process or voluntarily interact with us, those you identify (e.g., references, prior employers), professional or social media networks (e.g., LinkedIn), publicly available databases, job boards, our affiliates, or from our service providers (e.g., background check companies, travel agencies, email providers). When disclosing your personal information with these service providers or data processors, it is done subject to the service provider or data processor employing reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information, in accordance with applicable law, and with limitations that they will only process the personal information consistent with our instructions or as required by law.
How we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Create and maintain your personal recruiting file;
- Manage and assess your application and to facilitate the hiring process (for example, to evaluate and confirm your suitability for the position you have applied for or, to the extent allowed, other roles; to determine to whom to offer a job and to complete the hiring process);
- Carry out background and reference checks where applicable and legally permissible;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process in relation to the application or roles we believe you might be interested in, and to respond to your queries and requests;
- Document, analyse and improve our recruitment process, including our recruitment website (for example, by keeping recruitment statistics);
- Meet legal obligations (for example, maintaining required EEO or AA documentation, financial and administrative obligations or checking your eligibility to work);
- Complete internal or external investigations, including those where it is necessary to assess, prevent or act regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or our assets; and
- Establish, enforce, or defend against legal claims.
To manage our recruiting and hiring process, we might share your Personal Information internally with members of various departments, such as HR or Legal, and with relevant business unit or branch management, including affiliates, in addition to those directly involved in the recruitment and hiring process.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of recipients:
- Third parties, service providers, contractors, for example, to assist us in background or reference checks, travel arrangements, or applicable testing;
- Auditors and advisers;
- Internet service providers, operating system and platform providers, data analytics providers, and Internet cookie data recipients;
- Law enforcement, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws or to protect our rights; and
- Other parties in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings)
Your California Privacy Rights and How to Exercise Them
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the Personal Information collected about you (subject to permissible limitations, exceptions, and verification requirements):
- Right to Know/Access what Personal Information we have collected about you, including (to the extent applicable):
- the categories of Personal Information collected, sold, or shared;
- the categories of sources from which it is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed, sold, or shared Personal Information;
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Right to Delete Personal Information we collected from you;
- Right to Correct inaccurate Personal Information, taking into account the nature of it and purposes of processing; and
- Right to Opt-out of any future “sale” or “sharing” of Personal Information about you by clicking on the cookies preferences on our webpages or by using the "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" option from the Contact Us form at this Site.
You also have the right to not be discriminated against in pricing and services because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. We do not offer financial incentives or price or service differences to consumers in exchange for the retention or sale of a consumer’s personal information.
You, or your authorized agent, may submit a request to Know/Access, Delete, or Correct by:
- Calling us at our 1-833-825-3660;
- Submitting the Contact Us form at this Site; or
- E-mailing email@example.com
When you submit a request, you must provide your name and preferred contact information so that we can contact you for any additional information necessary to fulfill the request or to verify your identity or authority of an authorized agent, as permitted by the CCPA. For example, we may verify you by requesting specific information to match data points we maintain and have determined to be reliable for purposes of verification. The number and type of data points may vary based on the sensitivity of the Personal Information involved and the risk of harm posed by unauthorized activity. Authorized agents must provide sufficient evidence of their authorization such as a certified copy of a Power of Attorney granted under California Probate Code or signed documentation evidencing permission to submit the request on your behalf. We may also verify your identity and have you confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request on your behalf.
You must describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. You may be required to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
Updates to this Notice
We reserve the right to revise or update our policies and this Notice at any time consistent with applicable law. This Notice is effective when posted and the date at the top reflects the date last updated.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our practices, or the privacy and security of your personal information, please contact our Privacy & Data Protection Team via the Contact Form at this Site or any of the methods specified above.