California Recruiting Privacy Notice
January 1, 2021
As part of its recruitment activities, Leggett & Platt, Incorporated and certain of its subsidiaries which are in-scope for purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, including those subsidiaries listed on Attachment A (collectively referred to as the Company, “Leggett & Platt”, “we”, “us” or “our”) collect and process information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household (“Personal Information”). This California Recruiting Privacy Notice informs you about what Personal Information we collect about you throughout the recruitment, application, and hiring process and how we use that Personal Information.
1. What Personal Information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information in connection with the recruitment, application, and hiring process, depending upon the nature of the role and activities you participate in during this process:
|Category of Personal Information||Collected?|
|A.||Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers, Social Security numbers and other government-issued ID numbers.||Yes|
|B.||Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history financial information, medical information and health insurance information.||Yes|
|C.||Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status and marital status.||Yes|
|D.||Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history and financial details.||Yes|
|E.||Biometric information, such as fingerprints, scans of hand or face geometry, retina or iris scans and voiceprints.||No|
|F.||Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, online behavior, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements.||Yes|
|G.||Geolocation data, such as device location and IP location.||Yes|
|H.||Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.||Yes|
|I.||Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, CV, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data and data necessary for benefits and related administration services.||Yes|
|J.||Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, such as student records.||Yes|
|K.||Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.||Yes|
2. For which purposes do we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal INformation for the following purposes:
- To create and maintain your personal recruiting file;
- To manage and assess your application and to facilitate the hiring process (for example, to evaluate and confirm your suitability for the position you have applied for; to determine to whom to offer a job and to complete the hiring process);
- To carry out background and reference checks where applicable and legally permissible;
- To communicate with you about the recruitment process in relation to the application or roles we believe you might be interested in, and to respond to your queries and requests;
- To document, analyze and improve our recruitment process, including our recruitment website (for example, by keeping recruitment statistics);
- To meet legal obligations (for example, financial and administrative obligations or checking your eligibility to work);
- Internal or external investigations, including those where it is necessary to assess, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or our assets; and
- To establish, enforce or defend against legal claims.
We reserve the right to revise or update our privacy practices and this California Recruiting Privacy Notice at any time. The most recent version of this California Recruiting Privacy Notice is available at https://privacy.leggett.com.
4. How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about this Recruiting Privacy Notice or how we use your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy and Data Protection Team through our contact form at https://privacy.leggett.com.
You may also write us at:
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated
Attn: Director of Data Protection
No. 1 Leggett Road
Carthage, Missouri 64836
SUBSIDIARIES SUBJECT TO THE CCPA
- Elite Comfort Solutions, Inc.
- Elite Comfort Solutions, LLC
- Hanes Companies, Inc.
- L and C Windsor Cables Ltd.
- L&P Financial Services Co.
- L&P Materials Manufacturing, Inc.
- L&P Property Management Company
- L&P Springs Manufacturing, LLC
- Leggett & Platt Aerospace Middletown, LLC
- Leggett & Platt Canada Co.
- Leggett & Platt Components Company, Inc.
- Leggett & Platt (Jiaxing) Co. Ltd.
- Leggett & Platt (Taizhou) Co. Ltd.
- Leggett & Platt Residencial, S.A. de C.V.
- Peterson Chemical Technology, LLC
- Specitubes SAS
- Sponge-Cushion, Inc.
- Sterling Steel Company, LLC
- Valley Metals, LLC
- Western Pneumatic Tube Company, LLC