California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
January 1, 2021
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated and certain of its subsidiaries which are in-scope for purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, including those subsidiaries listed on Attachment A (collectively, referred to as the “Company”, “L&P”, “we”, “us” or “our”) have adopted this California Consumer Privacy Act Notice (the “Notice”) in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”). This Notice applies solely to consumers, visitors, website users, and others who reside in California and supplements the information contained in our Privacy Statement. This Notice does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, directors, officers or similar individuals, nor does it apply to personal information from independent contractors or job applicants. Terms used but not defined in this Notice shall have the meaning set forth in the CCPA.
1. What Personal Information do we collect, disclose and/or sell?
As part of our business activities, we collect and process information that may identify, relate to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California consumer or household (“Personal Information”). In particular, we collected, disclosed and/or sold the below categories of Personal Information regarding California residents within the last twelve (12) months. For purposes of this Notice, “sold” or “sale” means the disclosure of Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration, but does not include, for example, the transfer of Personal Information as an asset that is part of a merger, bankruptcy, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business.
|Category of Personal Information||Collected?||Disclosed?||Sold|
|A.||Identifiers, such as name, contact information, online identifiers, Social Security numbers and other government-issued ID numbers.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|B.||Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as name, contact information, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history financial information, medical information and health insurance information.||Yes||Yes||No|
|C.||Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status and marital status.||Yes||Yes||No|
|D.||Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history and financial details.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|E.||Biometric information, such as fingerprints, scans of hand or face geometry, retina or iris scans and voiceprints.||No||No||No|
|F.||Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history, online behavior, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|G.||Geolocation data, such as device location and IP location.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|H.||Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.||Yes||Yes||No|
|I.||Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, information relating to references, CV, details of qualifications, skills and experience, human resources data and data necessary for benefits and related administration services.||No||No||No|
|J.||Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, such as student records.||No||No||No|
|K.||Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
As described in our Privacy Statement, we collect this Personal Information from you and from other categories of sources, such as: our affiliates, customers, suppliers, service providers, business partners, media, social networks, publicly available databases, and marketing companies, when they share Personal Information with us.
We share this Personal Information with our affiliates, successors-in-interest, customers, service providers, data processors, vendors, business partners, auditors, advisors and public or government authorities where required by applicable law or to protect our rights.
2. For which purposes do we use your Personal Information
We may use, sell, or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Operating, managing and maintaining our business;
- Providing products or services;
- For our vendor management purposes;
- To accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, using Personal Information to:
- Manage existing and prospective client, customers, supplier, or other third-party relationships (e.g. in relation to the initiation, conclusion or fulfilment of a contract);
- Communicate about products we offer or intend to offer, the improvement of our products, and the review of our business relationship;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, and collection activities, including identity verification and risk analysis;
- Improve our website, your interaction with our website, and the content delivered through that interaction;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Meet legal or regulatory obligations (e.g. financial and administrative obligations); and
- Establish, enforce or defend against legal or regulatory claims or as otherwise necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others.
3. Who has access to your Personal Information?
To manage our business relationship, we might share your Personal Information internally with members of our marketing, sales, credit, supply chain, quality assurance, finance, IT, and legal departments as well as with our affiliates.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of recipients:
- Third parties, service providers and advisers;
- Internet cookies data recipients;
- Law enforcement, government authorities or courts to comply with applicable laws; and
- Other parties in the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings)
4. What are your rights in respect of your Personal Information?
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling, if applicable, Personal Information about you;
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we sold and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such Personal Information, if applicable; and
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information, if applicable.
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions; and
- Opt you out of any future “sale” of Personal Information about you by clicking on the cookies preferences on our webpages or by clicking the "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" option in the Contact Form located at https://privacy.leggett.com.
You also have the right to not be discriminated against in pricing and services because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. We do not offer financial incentives or price or service differences to consumers in exchange for the retention or sale of a consumer’s personal information.
If you are a California resident, you may request the disclosures described above or the deletion of Personal Information we collected from you by:
- 1.) Calling us at our 1-833-825-3660; or
- 2.) Visiting https://privacy.leggett.com/contact;
- 3.) E-mailling us at email@example.com; or
- 4.) Sending a letter to use at the following address:
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated
Attn: Director of Data Protection
No. 1 Leggett Road
Carthage, Missouri 64836
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. In your request, you must provide at a minimum the following information: Your name and your preferred contact information where we can contact you to provide guidance through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request.
You must describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. You may be required to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
5. Changes to this Notice
We may change or update this Notice from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date.
6. How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or how we use your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy and Data Protection Team by using any of the methods specified in Section 4.
SUBSIDIARIES SUBJECT TO THE CCPA
- Elite Comfort Solutions, Inc.
- Elite Comfort Solutions, LLC
- Hanes Companies, Inc.
- L and C Windsor Cables Ltd.
- L&P Financial Services Co.
- L&P Materials Manufacturing, Inc.
- L&P Property Management Company
- L&P Springs Manufacturing, LLC
- Leggett & Platt Aerospace Middletown, LLC
- Leggett & Platt Canada Co.
- Leggett & Platt Components Company, Inc.
- Leggett & Platt (Jiaxing) Co. Ltd.
- Leggett & Platt (Taizhou) Co. Ltd.
- Leggett & Platt Residencial, S.A. de C.V.
- Peterson Chemical Technology, LLC
- Specitubes SAS
- Sponge-Cushion, Inc.
- Sterling Steel Company, LLC
- Valley Metals, LLC
- Western Pneumatic Tube Company, LLC